MCC and LCCs
Before you get started, read the following goals for this course carefully. Keep them in mind as you work through the material.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the LCC Program.
- Describe the partnership between the Massachusetts Cultural Council and local cultural councils.
- State the Massachusetts Cultural Council's mission in your own words.
- State the requirements for local cultural council membership.
- Outline the steps in the grant-making process, the three types of grants, and the five basic grant review criteria.
- Conduct LCC business meetings, coordinate correspondence with applicants, solicit community input, and organize the council's financial arrangements.
- Define the steps needed to become and remain a streamlined council.
- Talk to others about the value of LCC work and the positive effect the arts have on communities.